Thursday, June 16, 2011

6th Semester

I interrupt our regularly scheduled program to bring you this important update...

or not so important.

6 weeks into 6th semester, only 60 some days left until the end, and I am writing this on the 16th. Too many 6's for my liking, but our class did get some good news today. There was some drama created over our class' attendance record, but luckily everything turned out okay and our class is still intact. Whew!

Rocky, my sheep is doing great. He is adorable really. He now comes up to me when I come into the pen, lets me put the halter on his head and then I give him grain. He astutely figured out that I keep the grain in my pocket, and managed to pull the baggy of grain out of my pocket while I was examining this morning. What a smart little guy. In just two weeks I'll be prepping him for surgery, and becoming a surgeon. What???? It is crazy. I hope I can keep it together!

The classes are going better than I had expected. It is all very relevant and important material, and I'm finding that it comes easier to me than other subjects have in the past (namely immunology, bacteriology, virology...). I think I'm actually enjoying surgery lectures, and even the large animal medicine lectures which are solely dedicated to the equine patient.

I think I've had enough excitement for one week, I'm just hoping the rest of the semester runs smoothly from here on out.

In other news... the doves from last year nested on our porch again, and there are two tiny white eggs on the same chair being incubated day and night by the dove pair. Its a wonder they even need to be incubated considering the heat we've been having, but I'm sure it is also good protection against big lizards that climb around the porch as well.

The car broke down again.... this time it was the ignition coil which had cracked all the way around. Points is an amazing mechanic and had it back to me all fixed up and running great today. I am definitely thankful to have such a reliable mechanic! Having a car is invaluable at this point to get myself to SOAPing in the mornings. I can't be letting Rocky examine himself now, can I??

Now I return you to our previously scheduled programming...

No comments:

Post a Comment