Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Planning

I do love making charts, tables, and graphs.

Laura's Kiwi Adventure (planning stage: alpha)

Flight. Depart around Dec. 27th, Arrive in NZ around Dec. 30th.

Two. Full. Days. That is a long time. Really, the flight hours will be less than my usual travel time to St. Kitts, but its still a long ways.

Dunedin. South Island, south eastern coast line. Dec. 31st - Jan 18th. 3 weeks. Multi-doctor small animal practice. Check them out here: http://www.dunedinsouthvet.co.nz/


Gorgeous, isn't it?

Travel by bus to Christchurch. There was a train system, but it wasn't popular enough to continue in that area of NZ. Also, I'm not sure how much the earthquake last year affected the railways.

Sources have told me that the town was devastated by the earthquake. I'm eager to visit and see how the community has embraced the change to their city. The clinic I will be at in Christchurch is a bit smaller, but appears to be just as well equipped. Hopefully I'm able to help them out a bit for the two weeks I will be there. Check them out here: http://www.avonheadvets.co.nz/








Super cool rock/volcano formation sticking right off the coast. The town itself is on the north border of this formation. I wonder if the presence of this volcanic area is part of why the earthquake happened. I see more research in my near future...


The next steps in my planning include:
- Buying a plane ticket (currently it will run me about $2200)
- Reading the guide book that has been loaned to me
- Deciding where to backpack to after my externship time, and for how long
- Focus on passing boards and writing my senior research paper FIRST. Ugh.

Wish me luck!


Cheesing it up at the Oregon Coast Aquarium... like a boss.

1 comment: