Saturday, December 15, 2012

Vet School no more

Warning, this is a post of rambling thoughts, it may not make the most sense. Just go with it...

This blog has been about my experiences as a veterinary student. It started to chronicle my adventures in a new country with new people starting the process to become a veterinarian. Soon, the end of this adventure will be here. Very soon.

Today I finished my last day of vet school at OSU. Now, I don't graduate until the end of January, but I am done with structured, graded, planned education. My last few weeks of "school" will be spent in another country, with new people who have a culture different than my own. Pretty much, I'm going back to where this adventure all started. But it will be a slightly larger island this time. Although this past year at OSU flew by, I can't help but think about how many wonderful people I was able to meet and become friends with, and how even in such a short time, I know I will greatly miss these people and really look forward to seeing them again. People are amazing when you stop and take a moment to get to know them and listen to their stories.

So, nearly three and a half years later and hundreds of thousands of dollars later, you may have a few questions. I do too. Was it worth it? Did I learn anything? Did it change me? Would I do it again?

Yes.

When it comes down to it, the experiences I have in life are way more important and matter more to me than any thing in particular. I am who I am today because of my life experiences.

Traveling to New Zealand in less than 2 weeks will be terrifying and exciting all at the same moment, but that is what I live for. That is what I've chosen. It's what makes me, me.

Tune in next time for the story of my twenty some hour journey across a giant ocean to the island of New Zealand. Surely there is a good story to be told somewhere in there.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, enjoy your trip! It is hard to believe that it is so close to the end! Amazing! I will look forward to hearing your travel stories. And you get to be in New Zealand where it will be warm, when it is cold here! Bonus. :)

    ReplyDelete