Friday, January 22, 2010

PJ's glorious return

Points came and picked me up this morning to grab PJ from his place. He took me a different way than I knew of to get there. I'm really glad he did as we drove down the cutest little neighborhood I've ever seen in St. Kitts. Adorable. I'm not kidding. There were little manicured lawns, a nicely paved road (no potholes!), and even curbs! I thought we had been transplanted to suburbia... but only for a moment. Maybe I'll take a picture sometime. It really was that adorable.

And oooooh do the brakes work! Very nicely. I sort of made a fool of myself picking up the car as I stalled it when I was surprised by how well the brakes worked. Relearning to only put the lightest pressure on the brakes was fun (compared to all the brawn I could muster before).

So, PJ was back in our hands in all his glory. Until he wouldn't start. HAHAHA. Gotta love island cars. The stupid battery terminals corroded again. We bought a bottle of coke to dissolve away some of the corrosion, then called points out when we couldn't find a wrench to tighten the clamp. 2 things that we need to just keep in the car at all times now: bottle of coke and a wrench.

Dad: the corrosion is at the top of the terminal, so the little pads don't seem to help, sadly.

Oh, and the oil was pretty low so we had to go buy some oil to top it off until its next oil change. Then I spilled oil all over the engine as we didn't have a funnel and I was being impatient. Ahhh, the lovely smell of burning oil on a hot, humid, January afternoon.

Other than all of that, everything is going well. Matt got his visa application all set and ready to go. I'm starting to like my classes a bit more, which is quite a relief actually. It is really hard to gather up any motivation to study for classes that do not interest me one bit... but once I find something that intrigues me, that makes me think a little bit, that's when the studying comes more naturally to me. I don't know how else I'd get through 3 more years of vet school if I wasn't interested in the information. Whew, good thing I DO like veterinary medicine!

I'll work on some pictures over the weekend. Matt is going to the farmer's market tomorrow morning with the Caribbean Cooks lady (from the cooking class I took last semester). We'll see if he has any good stories to tell... maybe I will have a guest writer on my blog!

Bon week-end! (Yes, that is french for good weekend!)

No comments:

Post a Comment