Friday, August 24, 2012

23 needles, 1 dog

Tanzi received her first acupuncture treatment!

One of my clinicians is getting certified and needed to practice, so I offered up my pup. She is getting older and has some arthritis, plus a history of anxiety, so I figured she could benefit from it.

She was a champ and did great. I think she even started to like it towards the end!

Almost done, I believe the 23rd needle was being placed just as I took the photo



Quite a few in her legs...

Can you see the one on top of her head? It was a calming point.


She started to fall asleep towards the end of the session!

In a couple of weeks she will have a second session. Hopefully it helps!

Also, I ran some blood work on her today too. Not quite as pretty as I was hoping for, but nothing specific yet. Mostly just old dog changes. Sigh... I'm not ready to accept that my pup is getting to be an old lady!

1 comment:

  1. Awww! That is so funny the progression to relaxed dog toward the end. It is pretty cool how you can run bloodwork on your own dog - and understand it!

    ReplyDelete