Saturday, August 29, 2009

Finally in St. Kitts

Whew, I made it, and now I am officially exhausted.

Today was quite eventful, full of lots of activities, new people and a bit of culture shock. News update: Laura has never been to a 3rd world country, until now. More on that later.

Here is a quick review of today's activities:
-Boarded plane in Miami around 11am, arrived in St. Kitts around 2pm.
-Proceeded to get through immigration and customs, and be the only student to have their bags opened and inspected. I do look suspicious, you know.
-Waited until 4pm or so until everyone had retrieved their bags, or found that they would not have their bags today.
-Separated into a small group, went to Campus, retrieved bags and got my first look at my new room.
-Went to the grocery store, bought 1 bag full of essentials for $130 E.C. ($40ish US I believe)
-Came back, got new cell phone for island use, started to unpack.
-Pizza dinner with fellow students who arrived at the same time.
-Shower, finish unpacking, find ant nest in kitchen, decide it is time for internet and bed.

Meh, not so brief. Oh well.

No pictures today. Wish I could show you a picture of why not. Only one thing was damaged in the flight over here. One very tiny item. The USB cord for my camera. Sigh. Good thing mini USB to regular USB cords are easy to come by on a 65 square mile island... oh wait...

I think I'll finally go to sleep on that note.

No comments:

Post a Comment