Sunday, August 23, 2009

Surprise! Well, sort of.

The backstory: Laura invited to dinner at Zoe's, night before, talking with Jayme, she wants to go too. Jayme talks to Zoe, becomes invited to dinner. Jayme offers to pick Laura up on the way over. Jayme and Laura arrive at Zoe's apartment after a little detour due to traffic and interesting GPS directions, then tackling parking between two very ominous looking columns.


Laura: Gina! (Laura runs up three flights of stairs like a stray dog, opens door) Gina!

Zoe, Gina (with Isaac!), Sarah, Matt: uh, Surprise?

Jayme (a minute later, after finding her way): I didn't know where I was going! You ran off like a stray dog!

HAHAHAHA.

Thank you everyone!!! I was super surprised. If it weren't for Gina's distinctive Betty Boop steering wheel and Isaac's car seat it would have been a perfect surprise through and through.

Marie, Beth, Kim and Kevin thank you muy mucho for coming too! I still can't believe Zoe and Matt were able to pull this all off. I am uber impressed. And the food was DELISH! (Its a new word, deal.) I think Zoe should come to St. Kitts if for no other reason than to cook meatballs for me.

Ah, good times. I am really thankful that I was able to see everyone before leaving in a few days for a whole new country. You guys rock.

And... Matt gave me my birthday present early while at the party! It is a GORGEOUS sapphire ring! (Picture to come soon) He is such a sweety.

Mmm, funfetti cake. There was cake, and it was wonderful. I think Jayme was almost more happy to see that it was funfetti than me though... mostly due to the frosting though. :)

I applaud all of your trickery, it made for an awesome evening that I will not forget. Thank you!!!

(Gina - if you get an extra free moment in your day sometime, could you send me a couple of the pictures from last night?? Thanks!)

2 comments:

  1. Hey! Yes, I will try to do so.. I don't know if the USB cable made its way back up to Corvallis for this week but I will do my best to try to find a way to send them to you!

    Sorry I ruined the surprise... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes.. the frosting is amazing.

    ReplyDelete