Sunday, September 25, 2011

Kayaking

4 miles feels like 20 when you're sea kayaking across a channel between two island.

It was worth it though!

My friend Bryan and I decided to enter this kayak race from St. Kitts to Nevis and back. The whole thing is a fundraiser for some kid's organization thing, I don't really know anything about it though. Anyway, we thought it was only 2 miles total, then we turned up to the event to find out that it is, in fact, four miles.

We didn't win, but we didn't lose, and we had a blast. We were so awesome, we capsized our kayak at the start of the race. Somehow we made a comeback and beat a few teams!  I'm not sure how I am even typing right now though considering how sore my muscles are...

 Pre-race when we were still excited


 The kayaks ready and waiting


Still having fun after just passing the halfway mark at the beach behind us (Nevis).

The finish line is about 2 miles from where this picture is taken at about 10:00 from the bow of my kayak.
It was a gorgeous day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment