Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Lovely day

Today was quite enjoyable. Classes didn't seem to move too quickly, I understood what we were covering, and, drum roll please... I did not fall asleep! Haha. The class directly after lunch is always a struggle for me, I just get so sleepy after eating! I have increased my caffeine intake, by at least 100 though... so that is probably part of why I am not falling asleep as much anymore.

I never did find where the VBMA club meeting was supposed to be... maybe I got the day or time wrong? The Bayer presentation was interesting. It was about antibiotics and how each one is categorized and when to use which ones when, etc. We were supposed to get free dinner... but there were a lot more attendees than expected and not enough food to go around. I got a scrap of a sandwich that was soggy and had a large piece of tomato in it. Sad day.

Physiology study session went well, the TA is pretty comedic, which helps when you're talking about action potentials, synapses, Na channels, etc.

I took pictures around campus today. Something is up with my camera and everything that is close to white is showing up pink... not sure why. I'll post the ones that turned out though.

I bought tortillas at the grocery store last week. Mistake. Caribbean people don't eat tortillas very often. They were so old I nearly threw them away, until I realized I could bake cut up pieces and make tortilla chips! I used my toaster oven, and now I have freshly baked tortilla chips!


View of Basseterre (far coast), and the dorms (tan buildings on the left) from the student parking lot. Campus is behind me as I was taking this picture.




These are everywhere!




It is pink, I know. This is the new building that should be opening in January. It will have a "fitness center", the new student union, and new classrooms.




Donkeys! They belong to 7th semester students. They have to SOAP (assess) them every morning and every night all semester long!



These tortoises live on campus, there are 4 or 5 of them. Students volunteer to care for them.




View from campus, classrooms for upper semesters on my right, radiology straight in front, library on the left, anatomy lab at lower right. OCEAN! straight in front ;)



Donkey pens again, looking up towards the mountain/main road on the other side of the barn.



Yummy curry. Thanks again Zoe for the recipe!



Studio apartments are not ideal for cooking curry... my room still smells a bit like curry.



Birds!



FOUND IT!!! They made a colony between the two boards you see there, when they ran out of room they started that huge cluster you see there.

That's all! Back to the books... beach this weekend though!

2 comments:

  1. dude, that ant colony is disgusting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, nice pictures and Zoe's yummy curry!
    I think that when my cousin's pictures started turning pink it was because her camera was kind of broken... I hope that's not the case!

    ReplyDelete