Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Picture Extravaganza!

I was able to borrow a cord from a neighbor and download pictures!

Quick update on activities:
-Beach day on Sunday.. GORGEOUS! Awesome food, awesome beach, loved it. Going again on my birthday this Saturday.
-"One Stop" yesterday... applied for visa, set up bank account, laundry card ($6 US per wash and dry... ugh), etc. Slept the rest of the day due to sickness.
-Have a cold, getting better now
-Slept in today! :)
-Lecture and talk about St. Kitts culture and history today
-Saw Inglorious Bastards today, recommend it if the gory-ness doesn't get to you (I had to hide in parts)
-Dinner and Bingo at the Marriot

Tomorrow: Full day of lectures... bah.

Now for the pictures! Enjoy :)



Little lizard in my room


Wilbur the hog, lives at the beach. He is blind, apparently he still gets by just fine.

Reggae Beach - where we swam and ate lunch

My orientation group having lunch together on the beach

ATLANTIC Ocean (not Pacific, thanks Dad) on the left, Caribbean Ocean on the right

Brimstone Hill Fort - occupied by the British to fend off the French - they sort of shared the island.. did not go very well.


Our van somehow made it through this arch... Bunny (yes, that is the name of our Kittian van driver) is a great driver!

Anyone know what these are?? They're growing on some sort of palm type tree.



Jungle area at the edge of an old plantation




Campus, the big white building is my "dorm"



View from the "wedge" - a meeting place in between resident halls



Our luggage being loaded at the airport to be delivered on campus


View from the airplane of St Kitts


Past midnight... up at 7am, time to sleep!

3 comments:

  1. 1) HOLY FREAKING BEAUTIFUL!
    2) what a fatty fat pig - that's pretty awesome.
    3) I believe those are dates on that palm tree, and if they are, I'm totally jealous
    4) I MISS YOU - although I think you're closer now than you were when you lived in Oregon...
    5) I felt exactly the same about Inglourious Basterds - I nearly died laughing at some parts, and nearly died from the violence in others. Brad Pitt was perfect.
    6) That's probably the best airplane window photo I've ever seen.
    7) Did I mention that I miss you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That laundry is so expensive! Too bad you can't just wash your clothes in the ocean.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, that rock you were sitting on with the view of the Atlantic and Caribbean oceans? I'm pretty sure I sat on that EXACT SAME ROCK (or at least stood very, very near it...near enough for a skin cell to have a skin cell flake off and land on it). So now you can go and hug it every day and pretend you are hugging me. Because we were always such great huggers.

    ReplyDelete