Saturday, December 19, 2009

I'm not speaking to you right now, LAX

I'm at the airport, but it is not my friend, so therefor I am not speaking to the airport.

Its 3am. No judging allowed. Feels like 7am though. Except for not having actually slept.

I think in the last 3 nights I have had a total of 8 hours of sleep. Anyone who knows my sleeping preferences, this a happy Laura does not make.

No food vendors open until 5 am. Security doesn't open until 5 am. Flight leaves at 6am. Ugh.

And, to complete the trifecta previously mentioned... I'm freezing. Google tells me it is 60 degrees in LA right now. It doesn't help that this lounge I'm sitting in feels to be about 30 degrees. Why have AC on so strong??? WHY???

I am safely on the West Coast though... so that's exciting. Major flight delays today, it was quite the debacle. MIA had major problems. Then again, so did the St. Kitts airport. Delayed flights at the St. Kitts airport isn't so bad though, considering I got 2 beers and an order of fries for $3 US. How's that for airport prices??? You can't buy anything at a US airport for $3... let alone 2 beers and fries. I could really go for a bagel right now though, and some OJ.

P.S. Laura loves ketchup now.

I'll leave you to ponder your shattered world, now knowing that Laura likes ketchup.

3 comments:

  1. I know! Why can't airport vendors other than burger king stay open through the wee hours of the morning? It doesn't seem like too much to ask!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG ketchup?!! I AM indeed shocked.

    ReplyDelete