Friday, December 11, 2009

This and that...



In just one week from today I'll be on an airplane towards the Pacific ocean!

Today was the last day of "class" for the semester, but instead of class, we had an anatomy midterm. Totally makes sense, right?? I totally rocked that exam though. Except for a few things. I am okay with that though. Very glad I learned those puncta maximas though...

Thinking about it, today was a very exciting day. Last day of class, last gross anatomy midterm (final on Monday though), we transferred the car over to Molly and I, and I got my St. Kitts drivers license! We are sharing the car for the next week such that Vicky (the 7th semester who we bought it from) is still able to get to her finals and whatnot. Still, I am very excited about having PJ (short for "Pajero", the model of the car).

Cost breakdown, in case you were interested.
My/Matt's contribution to the purchase of the vehicle: $3K US
Cost of driver's license (1 yr): $50 US
Cost of insurance for myself for 1 yr: $60 US ----- CRAZY cheap right???? This is all thanks to Molly having had insurance for so long which gave us a 50% discount on our co-policy.
Inland Revenue tax: $25 US

So, besides the purchase price, so far owning a car isn't proving to be too horribly expensive. I won't go into gas prices though...

I should specify about the driver's license. Its a piece of paper. A yellow piece of paper to be specific. Very high tech if you ask me. Keeping things simple too, I suppose. Anyway, here it is:




Also, as it turns out, our mechanic, who goes by "Points" is Uncle Millie's mechanic! All of the sudden I feel a lot better about leaving PJ with Points during the break.

I started packing tonight as I did not want to study and figured I should get a start on it while I have extra time. As I was clearing out my shoe drawer and learned something new about humid climates. Mold grows on shoes. EWWWWWW. That's just disgusting. I had to throw away one of my favorite (but rarely worn) shoes because they were just COVERED in mold. It was horrible. Sigh.

Gum melts in humidity too, by the way. Oh yeah, that's right, gum can melt. I think it is the glycerin that seeps out, then you're left with this stringy pasty mess and its just no fun.

I did happen to remember to take a picture of the "Christmas tree" near my dorm. It's not great, but it gets the job done.



Bed time for sure. Brunch in the morning, then studying like a mad person all weekend for finals.

7 days and counting until I leave for Oregon!!!

1 comment: