Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Is it Friday yet??

Things that make me wish it were Friday already:

1. Nutrition final. Oof. During the test I kept thinking "I'm failing, oh no, I'm failing". After finishing I read the entire exam start to finish again, only changed one answer, and felt a lot better about it. So... we'll see.

Anyone know how to distinguish between a Thoroughbred and Standardbred horse from a single side view picture alone??? I certainly don't. Let's hope guessing was on my side today...


2. There has been construction just outside my room alllllll week. Its not only the construction noise that is bothersome, actually I can tune that out. Its the workers who are REALLY disruptive to my studying. When they aren't working they're VERY loud, yelling, answering cell phones, playing music... and its VERY noisy. You're probably wondering why I just don't go onto campus to study, right? Well... the library is small, super crowded and ICE COLD.... meaning that I can't study there either as Laura does not function when she is cold.

3. I have no food. I'm tired, and I'm cold more often than I should be considering I live in the Caribbean. Matt calls this my trifecta of.... crabbiness? Those are the 3 things than turn Laura into a very unhappy person.

Here is the good news:
1. Tomorrow at around 2pm I'll be done with my 1st semester of vet school!!!

2. Tomorrow morning we get PJ for good!!! (Our car)

3. Friday at 4pm I will be on a flight to Oregon.

4. Friday morning we're going to the beach for a few hours (weather permitting)

5. We're drinking tomorrow night. 'Nough said. (Con: have to clean my room early Fri morning... so can't stay out too late...)

6. Tanzi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I get to see her in t-minus 3 days. Oh, and Matt and the family too :) haha


Yellow Labrador  Retriever named TANZI!!!


Let's see your skills... answers to be posted tomorrow. Leave your answers in the comment section! There will be a PRIZE for the best score!

1. Which horse pictured is a Thoroughbred?
2. Which horse pictured is a Standardbred?

a)
 

b)

 

c)


3. Which goat pictured below is a Toggenburg?
4. Which goat pictured below is an Alpine?



a)


b)











I can't get the picture editor to make all the pictures the same size... its some sort of glitch. Again, another annoying thing... ugh.

Yeah... welcome to my life. Enjoy!

1 more exam... 3 more days until Oregon. Yay!!!

4 comments:

  1. Hrmmm...

    1.) B
    2.) A
    3.) A
    4.) B

    This is based on nothing at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet you did great on your finals! I dunno anything about horses, but I think a) goat is Toggenburg (it's brown) and b) goat is Alpine (black with white stripes).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd say the standardbred is the first horse. The second appears to be more of a thoroughbred and the third looks like a quarter horse. What's the answer?

    ReplyDelete