Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Brrrr!

Oregon is nice and chilly, it is quite refreshing when you're not shivering.

The plane ride back home was interesting, it really wasn't so bad thinking about it now, especially knowing what others had to put up with. I heard that flights were canceled Saturday and Sunday for a few days due to a volcano blowing ash all over St. Kitts preventing planes from landing or taking off. I'll take my 2-3 hour delays over that any day.

I apologize for my delayed response to the quiz I threw out a few days ago. I've been a bit distracted. My apoloies.

And the answers are in!
1. B (Thoroughbred)
2. A (Standardbred)
3. A (Toggenburg)
4. B (Alpine)

(Horse "C" was a Quarterhorse)

So... this means that my awesome readers Matt, Alanna, and Hummelschnecke all had correct answers! Thank you one and all for your entires.

Back to vet school.... I am very happy with how this term has gone. I got my grades back, all B's, which I am pleased with. Next semester is supposed to be more difficult but I am up for the challenge and am going to try to improve my grades. We'll see how that goes...

For now I am enjoying this break. I am getting used to the cold a little I think... or maybe its just all the layers I"m wearing... or all the tea I'm drinking... or all the time spent sitting next to the wood stove... it has been quite enjoyable thus far regardless.

That's about all. I will be pretty busy these next couple of weeks traveling around to see family and friends, but I'll try to post some pictures of Oregon in the winter and my activities during break as best I can. It'll be much easier now that I have my old camera back that is in MUCH better condition than the one I have had these past four months. Yay! (Thanks Dad!)

Back to my hot chocolate and wood stove time.

Happy Holidays everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Glad you made it home safely Laura! Hope you guys have a great Christmas...you could of brought some warmth back with you though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I got your message! We're so glad you're back! Yeah, if you want to come visit us in Eugene feel free - that would be great! Or, we can come up to Corvallis one of the days with Henri too, although I don't know exactly where we would hang out all day - but we can think of something!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Laura,
    New Years resolution: read your blog more. I am a terrible friend. I promise to make it a "favorite" on my Crackberry. Then I'll be sure to read your ALL of your updates on your various and sundry misadventures at vet school in the Caribbean...

    Also, I have resolved to start blogging more again, myself, even though my life is terribly boring and I don't live in a tropical paradise. I know you'll read it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe I need a blogspot...it does seem MUCH cooler than livejournal. What think you?

    ReplyDelete