Sunday, October 18, 2009

Catamaran Trip



Our ginormous catamaran boat... 90 person capacity!

What a gorgeous trip! We started from Port Zante Marina and then headed to the end of the peninsula to snorkel and eat lunch. I saw a baby squid! It was very cute. Its too bad I couldn't take a picture to show you all. Lunch was served on the boat after snorkling. We had chicken, hot dogs, pasta salad, a rice dish (same one we've had at EVERY catered event) and super yummy banana bread. After lunch we headed to Nevis, which is the sister island of St. Kitts. It took maybe half an hour from the end of the peninsula of St. Kitts to get to Nevis. There were various jet ski's making there way between the island, and there is a ferry that goes between then most days of the week.

At Nevis we got off the boat and lounged around the beach for nearly an hour. There were a couple of beach bars (of course, there always are) and PUPPIES! Really adorable little 8-12 week old puppies running around.

The ride back took about an hour, I think, but I wasn't paying attention. It was gorgeous, and a great way to relax. Now only if I had enough energy to study for a few hours... we'll see how that goes...

Enjoy the pictures!


Our group just after boarding, still in the marina



The marina at Port Zante, St. Kitts


View from the roof of the catamaran where we were lounging on the way over



Megan and I on the roof



View of the first part of the peninsula, and students on the roof, the guy I nearly cut off there is our Captain, who calls himself "Crackers". I think his real name was Antonio



My view :)



The Marriott is  on the beach to the right of the picture



Crew member lounging after taking the sail down (perfect hammock, right?!)



Another view from the back of the boat. And why yes, those are solar panels.



Allison and I (one of my future roommates)



Nevis

The end.

P.S. Sunscreen failed. Majorly. New score: sunscreen -1, sunburn +1. Sigh...

No comments:

Post a Comment